Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


Tonight I made my second batch of the most delicious banana chocolate chip muffins I think I've ever eaten. The first batch went with me to work in 2's as a morning snack (okay a few of them were eaten at home, including the one I had hot out of the oven). It's a super easy recipe and they come out tall and fluffy.

Ingredients:
1 large egg
3 tbsps vegetable oil
3 tbsps milk
3 tbsps citrus juice (I used pineapple this time, but last time it was strawberry/orange/banana)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used 2 good sized bananas)
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350°F
Place the egg, oil, mashed bananas, juice, vanilla extract and milk in a mixing bowl and mix together until well blended.
Add the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder .
Stir until evenly blended.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Grease a muffin tin and fill with mix to the top of the openings.
Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. You don't want the tops to get too brown, pay attention to any sides you can see inside the muffin tins and if they are getting brown, it's time to take them out.

p.s. photo coming as soon as I find my cable for the camera.

0 comments: